We have been working on the recommendations that came out of the second round of user testing (with internal EDINA staff) and Version 3 of the Data Download tool is ready to be road tested.
The main changes include:
- Moved the pan & zoom and the search buttons out of section 1 and put them just above the map.
- Added Products selected count to Data subsections
- Cleaned up the “Add to basket” section
- “Add to Basket” button now flashed when users select data. Then stays red.
- When users select “Use Time name” the national grid reference numbers will be overlayed on the map
- Cleaned up the Basket Window.
- Added “Draw Visible Area” button to the select functions
Hopefully some of these changes will help users to navigate the interface and request data. Time will tell.